If you are currently seeking employment, we'd love to have you on board! We're seeking a reliable, self-motivated canvas repairer to join our hard working team at Ernie's Canvas Shop in Alberta Lea, MN.
To be considered a candidate, you should have sewing skills, math skills, a strong work ethic, and be detail-oriented. In addition to canvas repair, you'll help set up and take down tents and assist with the installation of commercial and residential awnings.
• Repair damaged or worn tents, awnings, and other canvas articles. Examine canvas for worn
areas, holes, and tears
• Use needle and thread or sewing machine to patch holes, sew tears, and darn defective area
• Use grommet machine or mallet and punch or to stamp grommets into the edges of canvas
• Use scissors or knife to cut or trim edges of damaged areas
• Use tape measure to measure structures for canvas coverings.
• Set up and take down tents for residential and commercial customers
• Assist with installation of commercial and residential awnings
• Labor intensive and be must be able to lift up to fifty pounds and must be detail oriented